The ONLY Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You’ll Ever Need.
3 (4 oz.) sticks of unsalted butter or margarine (melted)
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 bags chocolate chips
1 cup rice crispies.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheets (I love non-stick silicone baking mats)
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- set aside.
- In an electric mixer or large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until blended.
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until well incorporated.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and rice crispies.
- Use a cookie scooper or spoon to drop cookie dough (rolled into 1 inch balls) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.